Friday 22 February 2008

Saw my medic today

My medic has received my initial medical report requested. We talked about it, though I pointed out it seemed to matter very little about what was written in any detail as I still expected to receive a DL556 application form as was the process of present.

We agreed what would be written about existing medical conditions.

If you have received the initial form (DBD551) it is well worth getting in touch with your medic to discuss the medical report they will be asked for.

The problem medics face is that they have a legal obligation to tell the truth (as do you). However what they might write maybe interpreted in a way that leads to a loss or reduction on benefit. They are caught. They fully understand the implications of any loss of income in terms of overall health to there patients.

The State almost relies on people giving up at the "first hurdle" with any benefit process. That is why I always advocate you APPEAL any decision where you feel your loss or reduction of benefit is unfair.

No comments: