Tuesday 11 March 2008

Freedom Passes.

Just to raise this as many are facing a renewal.

Whereas the first source of information should be your local council.

You may be interested in the Freedom Pass website run on behalf of all local councils

There are some "dead links" on this site and I have emailed them. Also I found myself being cut off before I could get to talk to someone. Just be aware if you call them.

It is worth noting that

"Q. I have a disability, can I apply for a freedom pass?

A. Disabled freedom passes are issued through your local borough council - contact them to apply. The councils follow the criteria set out by the Transport Act 2000 which outlines the 7 catagories of disability used to assess eligibility for a freedom pass.

Local councils may at their discretion issue passes to disabled people that do not meet these criteria. For further details see the Department for Transport website."

this found on this website by clicking here.

No comments: