Friday 14 March 2008

Updates.

Well, Budget Day this week has started the debate on the Employment & Support Allowance. It has allowed us to get some idea of what, the powers that be, plan for those on Incapacity Benefit.

We have some more support from some well known faces. The last to sign was June Brown and the number of signatures continues to grow on the RPP petition.

Two weeks ago I emailed -MP’s & members of the W&P select committee. Vince Cable, Diane Abbott, David Cameron Ming Campbell, Jeremy Corbyn, Frank Dobson, Alan Duncan, Angela Eagle, George Galloway, Greg Hands, Glenda Jackson, Stephen Timms, Keith Vaz, Anne McGuire, Terry Rooney, Anne Begg, Harry Cohen, Michael Foster, Oliver Heald, Joan Humble, Tom Levitt, Greg Mulholland, John Penrose, Mark Pritchard, Jenny Willott.

I have had no response. I note that this week our issues have been picked up by the wider Budget debate, by some of the above. Am a great believer in "nothing ventured nothing gained" and doing something is better than not even trying.

I wrote to THR's Princes William & Harry. Prince Harry is very involved with HIV/Aids in Lesotho. I have received a response and will upload it to documents on the main web page.

The team, Tcell, is getting more organised. Working in the background to raise the profile of our issues. Thanks. More soon.

My partner is working on a new website to include this blog & forums. If there is anything you would like to see. Please email me. This is as much your resource as ours.

The GL 24 form from the DWP on how to appeal a benefit decision was added to Documents. Please read it it covers the route of appeals for all benefits and may prove useful elsewhere.

Note the responses to the polls, to gauge the picture of how this is affecting people. Thank you to all who have taken the time to vote & help with this data collection.

I note that of the 11 "votes" cast on the poll "
I have had a decision on my DLA and.." - 5 people say it has stayed the same with 4 reporting a change.

Thank you to all who read this. I hope it helps. Thanks to all those who email & comment, sharing there experiences with us all.

No comments: