Saturday 29 March 2008

Our DWP DLA files arrived today.

Note: When the new blog and website are "bedded in I will cease posting to this site. In the interim,

A while ago. You will note if you scroll through the blog. We made a request under the auspices of the Data Protection Act. To the DWP for the information held on us in relation to the Disability Living Allowance (DLA). This comprised photocopied sheets and a printout from the system, mainly payment history. Some data, non medical, is missing and I will chase this.

I will work through this information and post accordingly over the next few days.

Bear in mind that I look at this data as a "lay person".

I note the following having "flicked" through.

  • My data shows in handwritting that I was selected for the "Pilot".
  • My partners file & mine have a sheet of A4 indicating the other is the partner
  • My partners review, from the large print out is also being handled by the DLA Pilot team. Given the links to our files from each others it is likely he was chosen for review because I was selected for the pilot. There is a note that my partners case is also being looked at in my file and vice versa.
  • The letter I wrote to Ann McGuire is part of my file and the subject of internal communication. The file was sent to the ministers office.
  • Both our original awards comprised of only the "Personal Care" component awarded under "Special Rules". Mobility being different.
  • The awards were "indefinately"
  • When the DBD551 is submitted & a medical report received from your Doctor. A DBD520SR form is completed by a "Registered Practitioner". This is the opinion of the DWP medic on the information provided. Part 2 comprised two tick box answers. Signed off by a "Approved Disability Analyst".
  1. 1st is "In my opinion, this person is still suffering from a progressive disease and their life expectancy is likely to be less than 6 months."
  2. 2nd, and selected in my case "From the evidence available to me, it does not appear that this person is suffering from a progressive disease likely to limited life expectancy to less than 6 months." There is then a box for a further explaination. In our case this is limited to an opinion our HIV alone. In my case though I have a Viral Load, this is omitted. In my partners case both his Viral Load and CD4 are noted.
No other information, awaited. Has arrived in the post so far.

1 comment:

John said...

Comment from new blog.

"I'm appalled by the fact that you both have been or appear to be 'guinea pigs' in this DLA review.

PILOT SCHEME my arse! As if it isn't enough that you/we are a being constantly used as lab mouse in the experiementation in the advance of 'NEW' HIV medication, if & when eventually our current medication regime fails. Who knows what the long term effects will be with regard to this medication we have to 'suffer' & then to be put under even more pressure in the DWP's witch hunt to try & get back money they have obviously squandered on to quote the Positive Nation artical below MINISTERS EXPENSES!

THIS IS OUTRAGES!.....................................We are right behind you & I know I will certainly try to help you & others in the same position fight this injustice all the way. This web site is a God send & I thank you once again."