Monday 31 March 2008

Over the weekend I heard ....

Over the weekend I heard of another successful decision. Though this did go all the way through to the person having to complete a DLA556.

Whereas it is still difficult to gauge the fuller picture with so many still in the process. I would like to think that the work done by the team here & those in the background is making a positive difference.

Please let us know how you are getting on. It helps to build the bigger picture.

Remember everyones case is different. A decision that on person gets depends on their personal situation and may not necessarily apply in your case.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I left a comment about this on the new website but it doesn't seems to appears.
I, too, have received this morning my "brown envelop" with the DWP decision, based on the medical report and form DLA556. They have decided to allocate me with the highest rate with mobility and middle rate for care. In some way, this is much better that i expected, but now i wonder in what measure the downgrade from highest to middle rate for the care component will play on my incapacity assesment and if i am still protected. Already i hear about the dreaded IB50 form that could be sent next. After all that anxiety and stress, it feels i am not out of it yet. And at the same time, i do not feel like asking for a reconsideration in case the decision is worst.

I wish good luck and strengh to all who are still waiting for their decisions and thanks again to John for leading up the cause. I'll let you known how things progressed from this point on.

John said...

My fault on the new website. I found your comment and will publish it.

Unfortunately, you will no longer be automatically exempt from the IB50 or the Personal Capability Assessment. Of course these matters depend on when or if they contact you.

Thank you for keeping us up to date. I understand your anxieties over asking for a re-review. Of course it has to be a matter for you and I support you either way.

I know it might sound strange but this has been somewhat of a pleasure. The team around this now & the messages and contributions have helped me & I am sure all who read this.

John.