Saturday 19 January 2008

Following on from previous post.

"I think I did not make my point clearly.

DLA should be in place before the need becomes so critical that it HAS to be there.

I don't think its right to hang on till you meet the current level before applying or even waiting till they raise the requirements again.

So what if that means that a very few people get DLA who don't actually need it at the time. It should be seen as a preventative measure to stop those people becoming sicker. The money is actually quite a small amount in terms of the UK state spending on health and care.

I wish everyone in the uk who can applie for benefits does, thats why we pay are taxs after all. I hope they don't raise the bar higher and good luck fighting it."

Thanks - though this is affecting roughly 50,000 people of all disabilities. It amounts to a few thousand who were HIV and applied under special rules at the time.

No comments: