Saturday 19 January 2008

Thoughts.

People seem to have a strange attitude when it comes to acknowledging or discussing any state benefit they receive. I think it is a very British thing. I know myself I value my privacy. However for some, the most vulnerable. This may cause severe hardship.

I look forward to hearing from you about your situation. I will post and keep your information confidential.

It is only by bring this out into the open that we as a community can gauge the scale and impact this is having.

It may already be too late to have any direct impact. But six months down the line or at the next review of DLA the lack of detail will merely support the decision makers view that this last change has had little impact.

Ball is in your court!

2 comments:

Andy said...

Firstly, thank you for starting this blog. It is much needed.

I haven't yet received my review of my DLA claim, but I am expecting it to arrive in the post any day now. However,several of my friends, who claim DLA and have been living with HIV for a number of years, have received their reviews. The psychological impact this had on them has been staggering. One of my friends has been getting suicidal thoughts, and all of us are now very anxious about the impending hardship this harsh review will inflict on us.

I haven't yet collected all my thoughts (having only learned of it recently) but I will continue to contribute to this blog as soon as I hear more about this heartless and rather calous approach to people who are struggling to survive with a life-threatening illness.

John said...

Thanks a million. Please pass my support on to your friends. They are not alone.