Monday 3 March 2008

Thanks to ....

Jim, for his efforts regarding his media contacts. Some well known faces are now supporting all of us, regardless of disability. In the struggle we face with this review.

I have a forum on the Benefits & Work website - DLA review & the HIV+ Community. So far 634 hits.

I posted this,


"There is a 10 Downing Street petition on the RRP found at http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/DLA-Review/ .

Thanks to a member of our campaigning group we are starting to see some famous names lend their support to ALL of us who are going through the Disability Living Allowance review, regardless of our disability.

Some of us are more vocal than others than this. We don't mind. We know not everyone for whatever reason, most likely health, can contribute. You can feel isolated, scared & worried.

I hope this gives you some comfort that you do not face this alone.

At time of posting

Ann Mitchell
Widows / She's Out / recently, stag production of Angels in America and EastEnders


Hannah Waterman
New Tricks / EastEnders


You will find them at the bottom of the page.

Of course not only on behalf of http://www.hivbenefits.co.uk but our wider community I have passed our thanks on."

Thanks also to YOU. Word of mouth it one of our key tools here to get the powers that be to wake up to this.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see George Michael has also added his name to the petition. Keep up the good work everyone!!

John said...

I cannot confirm that this it the George Michael you assume it is.

I would like to think so. If anyone knows George if they could confirm this I would be grateful.

Will are putting together a page with messages of support from the media community. Those who are supporting Fairness & consistency for all people currently undergoing a DLA review, regardless of disability. I will promote this where I can.

I will only use a name on a blog entry or website where I have confirmation.

Thanks for you message of support. Your contribution moves us forward another step.